Who are we?
With the legacy of 40 years of experience in Turkey, our main objective is to be a pioneer player in natural gas and power supply and trading in Turkey and to provide services to our clients by leveraging on the expertise of the ENGIE Group.
In this respect, ENGIE’s Business Unit “Global Energy Management” in Turkey has started its activities in the first half of 2016 in the ENGIE Headquarters in Maslak, Istanbul. ENGIE Global Energy Management Turkey and Middle East conducts its activities under “Engie Enerji Ticaret ve Pazarlama A.S.” legal entity and its activities cover Turkey and Middle East.
Apart from its quality being a day-to-day liberalizing market, Turkish natural gas and power market offers various opportunities with the increasing share of renewable energy sources within the scope of power generation.
Many leading industrial companies operating in Turkey are aiming to be net carbon-neutral by 2035. ENGIE Global Energy Management Turkey and Middle East also provides support to its clients in achieving their de-carbonization efforts.
ENGIE Global Energy Management Turkey and Middle East is growing its power and natural gas supply portfolio day-by-day and becoming more active in trading of both commodities, so helping the advancement of the Turkish energy markets.
The product portfolio of ENGIE Global Energy Management Turkey and Middle East platform is developing by providing a diverse product mix from floating to fixed price opportunities to its clients.
Key Activities & Milestones
- A large portfolio with a variety of industrial end-users for power and natural gas supply, tailor-made products and services
- Active power and natural gas trading in the market
- Managing a variety of renewable energy generation portfolio including PPA deals
- Actively supplying green energy certificates (I-RECs) in Turkish energy markets
- A team composed of 30 experienced professionals
Areas of expertise
ENGIE Global Energy Management Turkey and Middle East within ENGIE Group operates with its power and natural gas market supply licenses since 2016 in the field of electricity & natural gas supply and trading activities in Turkey.
ENGIE Global Energy Management Turkey and Middle East’s expertise areas mainly comprise of the following:
- Natural gas and power supply to industrial companies,
- Natural gas and power trade,
- Power Purchase Agreements with renewable energy plants (PPA),
- Asset management and optimization,
- Plant management,
- Energy transition services,
- Risk management,
- Hedging services including oil and FX,
- Energy imbalance management,
- Cross-border natural gas and power trade,
- Renewable (Green) Energy Certificates and Decarbonization.
Benefits created for Our Clients
- Building strong partnerships with our clients and finding tailor-made solutions
- Great experience on flexible asset management
- Deep understanding of physical natural gas and power markets in Turkey
- Capabilities to structure long-term supply and risk management solutions to accompany our clients in their energy transition journey
- Being the first energy company in Turkey providing a digital trade platform for its clients.
- Supporting our clients for their sustainability targets
- Having 24/7 trading capabilities