Full-fledged origination and trading platform based in London, offering tailor-made solutions for our clients in the UK: asset optimization with 24/7 trading capabilities, gas and power supply, green PPAs and energy transition services, risk management and hedging products.
The UK market is engaged into an ambitious drive towards net neutral-carbon by 2035. Large renewable capacities must be developed and the grid needs to adjust to intermittent generation. ENGIE is able to structure with its clients customized solutions to manage the risks, to provide visibility to secure investments or to manage the actual power generation onto physical markets.
The power grid is facing tremendous challenge to cope with the intermittency of renewable generation. ENGIE, with its deep expertise in managing flexibility assets (pumped-storage hydro plants, CCGTs, flexible gas storages, etc.) and in risk management, can provide viable solutions for flexibility asset owners/ developers and support the Electricity System Operator in getting through the challenges.
- Optimizing amongst the world’s largest pumped-storage capacities (2.1GW, providing 24/7 services and operations across a variety of markets and ancillary services).
- Providing hedging services for UK’s largest gas highly flexible storage infrastructure.
- Offering bespoke long-term green power purchasing agreements, for a variety of renewable assets (providing route to market and balancing services for 200MW of offshore wind capacity, over 15 years).
- Structuring tailor-made risk management solutions for retailers or end-consumers and responding to their energy transition needs.
- Providing market access to a variety of clients.
Benefits for our clients
>> Long experience of flexibility assets management
>> Deep understanding of physical gas and power markets in the UK
>> Capabilities to structure very long-term PPAs and risk management solutions to accompany our clients in their energy transition journey
>> 24/7 trading capabilities
>> Building strong partnerships with our clients to find tailor-made solutions