Selling all or part of your gas to a reliable off-taker enables you to access liquidity and manage variations in production
Finance your fields' development through our fund-raising solutions
Book, dispatch and optimize your logistics chain from the wellhead down to the off-take point
Get the guarantees you need to obtain your financing from lenders. Our offer enables you to access hedgeable gas prices and secure the forward value of your reserves.
- Secure the off-take of your gas production in full.We off-take your gas as it is produced, relying on our strong credit rating and a 24/7 European operations desk to manage day-to-day real gas flows.
- Receive prepayment for future expected production.We provide you with accurate assessments of your gas fields’ value and offer reserve-based finance schemes.
- Reduce your risk at a competitive price. Our offers include price-risk management schemes embedded into the physical off-take (whether using fixed-price or floor-price based formulas), which we make competitive by trading on liquid market indices.
- Share in the rewards of optimized upstream capacities. Our physical portfolio includes wide-ranging logistics, transport and storage capacities, which we can be combine into off-take contracts for shared value-creation.
- Combining all these capabilities and more, we help you finance your field’s long-term development. We can offer tailor-made integrated services including gas nomination, off-take, balancing, risk management and pre-financing. We can offer tenors up to 5-10 years, making these services especially attractive to small- and medium-size producers who can face challenging conditions to access finance and/or manage price risks during their development.
In 2017, we signed a first-of-its-kind agreement with Exploration & Production company Hague and London Oil (HALO), whereby we provide financing for the acquisition of several gas fields in exchange for a fixed-price, 5-year gas delivery. Furthermore, we handle all physical and financial aspects of the deal–including nomination, off-take, and balancing. This novel type of M&A facilitation, which enables HALO to access funding in a risk-averse environment, is a game changer for the upstream part of the energy value chain.
We signed a 10-year agreement to off-take 0.5 bcm of gas per year (approx. 5.5 TWh/year) from the Midia Gas Development project (MGD) in the Black Sea. To offer such a long-term agreement, which combines market access, a hedging platform and an outlet for the fields’ production, we relied on our broad experience with market liberalization and financial expertise. The agreement will help MGD to obtain fair value for their gas in the Romanian market, providing them with the price stability needed for financing the fields’ development.